Monday, September 24, 2007

Provisions

Every day when I drive the kids to school, they beg for the next installment of "The Dragon-Hunters." 

Today, Susanna the Hunter, Nathan the Hunter, and Michael the Hunter had polished their armor and were loading their horses up with provisions. I asked the kids, "What are provisions? Provisions means things you need for the trip."

Nathan said, "Water!" "Right, they need water for sure." Susanna added, "Sleeping bags. And tents." "Yes," I said, "they took blankets, but they were tough hunters so they didn't need tents; they slept outside. What else?"

"A TV!" Nate shouted. "No TV," I said. "There are other provisions they really need." "Sewage?" asked Susanna. Laughing out loud, I said, "No, they just dug a hole to use as a toilet and then covered it with dirt."

"Eww!" said Susanna. "What else?" I pressed. "A shovel? To dig the hole?" she asked. 

"There's something else they really need." "A cough drop?" she guessed.

I was amused to find out what my kids consider necessities. I guess food is low on the priority list.

No comments: