Saturday, December 8, 2007

Double Trouble

The day after his eye surgery, Nathan looked at me across the room. "Hey! There are two daddies!"

His mom, next to him, asked, "How many mommies do you see?"

He studied her for a minute. "One."

Just then Michael walked--okay, ran--into the room. "Hey! There's two Michaels! That's funny!" He started cracking up.

The next day the surgeon told us this was normal, until the brain was able to integrate the two images into one again. But Nathan enjoyed it while it lasted.

The next morning, he walked into the living room and surveyed his sister, sitting on the couch. "Hey, there's two Susannas, one on top of the other!"

She immediately began pummeling the air. "Hey, get off me! Get off me!" 

A week later, he only sees one of each of us. Though I'm glad his vision's normal, I kind of miss being in two places at once.

No comments: